The 2017 Big Book Summer Challenge is a challenge is being hosted by Sue @ Book By Book.
Here are the details:
- Anything over 400 pages qualifies as a big book.
- The challenge will run from Memorial Day weekend (starting May 26 this year) through Labor Day weekend (Labor Day is September 4 this year).
- Choose one or two or however many big books you want as your goal. Wait, did you get that? You only need to read 1 book with over 400 pages this summer to participate! (though you are welcome to read more, if you want).
- Choose from what’s on your shelves already or a big book you’ve been meaning to read for ages or anything that catches your eye in the library – whatever peaks your interest.
- Sign up on the first links list below (or on Goodreads if you don’t have a blog).
- Write a post to kick things off – you can list the exact big books you plan to read or just publish your intent to participate, but be sure to include the Big Book Summer Challenge pic above, with a link back to this blog (no blog? No problem – see below).
- Write a post to wrap up at the end, listing the big books you read during the summer.
- You can write progress posts if you want to and/or reviews of the big books you’ve read…but you don’t have to! There is a separate links list below for big book reviews or progress update posts.
My goal is to read at least 15 Big Books! 🙂
Here’s some Big Books I’m planning on tackling:
Check out the Twitter hashtag to see how everyone is doing! #BigBookSummer