Month in Review is a feature in which we wrap up what went on each month in terms of our blog, reading and other things in our life. Feel free to leave a link in the comments to your own monthly wrap up post so we can stop by.
on the blog…
Life: This being the first year I haven’t worked summer school in a while… I was starting to feel a bit lonely. So I started looking into pets and pretty much just finally decided it was time I give into my husband and adopt a dog. I fell in love with a puppy named Zeus, a terrier mix who was found in Southern Illinois and was 10 months old. He’s a sweetie, if not a bit nippy and playful to the chagrin of my poor husband who got the brunt of the biting. I definitely love him and hope he is enjoying his new home with us.
I also went to ALA and had a blast! Met tons of authors, received many books, and met fellow librarians and book lovers.
Reading: 17 books is not too bad. I would have liked to keep my momentum for my 300 books, but I find myself behind again on my Goodreads challenge. Hoping to change that this month!
- The Sand Warrior (5 Worlds, #1) by Mark Siegel
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling
- A Thousand Pieces of You(Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- Yvain: The Knight of the Lion by M.T. Anderson
- Giant Days Vol. 4 (Giant Days, #4) by John Allison
- Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody, Vol. 1 by Hiro Ainana
- Blood for Blood (Wolf By Wolf, #2) by Ryan Graudin
- Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody, Vol. 2 by Hiro Ainana
- Spill Zone by Scott Westerfeld
- Two Truths and a Lie: It’s Alive! by Ammi-Joan Paquette
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling
- Sputnik’s Guide to Life on Earth by Frank Cottrell Boyce
- The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World by Shannon Hale
- This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab
- Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk
- Burning Blue by Paul Griffin
Challenges: Check out my 2017 Challenges
Audiobook Challenge: 3 books read (32/30)
Flights of Fantasy: 6 books read (74/75)
Full House: 1 books read (21/25)
Reading Assignment Challenge: 1 book read (2 each month)
Rock my TBR: 5 books read (Goal: 5+ per month)
Looking Forward: Hoping now that my pup is settled into more of a routine I can find time to blog and read more. I have a conference this month in Orlando, Florida which I am so excited about! 🙂
Latest posts by Kristen (see all)
- Book Review: The Empty Grave – Blog Tour & Giveaway - September 14, 2017
- #TheReadingQuest Readathon - August 10, 2017
- The Monster Report - August 7, 2017