Month in Review is a feature in which we wrap up what went on each month in terms of our blog, reading and other things in our life. Feel free to leave a link in the comments to your own monthly wrap up post so we can stop by.
on the blog…
Life: Half of June I spent packing up my library for some new furniture and a new layout. I worked an extra 30 hours past the school year and finally have been free for the other half. Wizards Unite came out and I love it, so I’ve been playing that, reading a lot and starting to work on organizing parts of our condo. Also, started Keto and it’s been easier than I thought it would be with not as many cravings..
Reading: I read 25 books this month, 10 of which were audiobooks (I used them to help me pack up my library!). Pretty awesome!
- Lumberjanes, Vol. 9: On a Roll by Shannon Watters
- Lumberjanes, Vol. 10: Parents’ Day by Shannon Watters
- Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
- The Undead Pool (The Hollows, #12) by Kim Harrison
- The Shack by William Paul Young
- Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
- Blanca & Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore
- Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances by Neil Gaiman
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- Black Panther: The Young Prince by Ronald L. Smith
- Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
- The Midnight Queen (Noctis Magicae, #1) by Sylvia Izzo Hunter
- Black Crow, White Snow by Michael Livingston
- Entangled (Entangled, #1) by Amy Rose Capetta
- The Eye of the North by Sinead O’Hart
- Dodge & Twist by Tony Lee
- Conjured by Sarah Beth Durst
- Grace and Fury (Grace and Fury, #1) by Tracy Banghart
- Dr.STONE 3 (Dr. Stone, #3)
- Giant Days: Early Registration by John Allison
- Sleepless, Vol. 1 by Sarah Vaughn
- Sleepless, Vol. 2 by Sarah Vaughn
- The Backstagers Vol. 3 by James Tynion IV
- Finding Baba Yaga: A Short Novel in Verse by Jane Yolen
- Sovereign by Jeff Hirsch
Challenges: Check out my 2019 Challenges
Audiobook Challenge: 10 books read (41/50+)
Reading Assignment Challenge Author Love: 1 book read (1 each month)
Reading Assignment Challenge Professor Genre: 3 books read (3 each month)
Reading Assignment Challenge Professor Mix it Up: 3 books read (3 each month)
Bookish Resolutions (50 books I own): 10 books read (55/50)
Bookish Resolutions (10 ebooks): 0 books read (0/10)
Connect Five Books Challenge: 0 connections ( 10 books read/ 2 connections)
Tackle My TBR Reading Challenge: 10 books read (63/61+)
Looking Forward: I’m excited to be off ALL month and want to do all the things – read all the books, go to the beach, go through my condo and get rid of stuff and organize. Very excited to get to some new books this month and to spend some time with my BFF and my hubby and family.
Life: June was probably the busiest month that I have had all year between juggling work, social commitments as well as moving and getting things set up for Seth’s sister. She is here now by the way and seems to be adjusting pretty well. I took her to the library yesterday and she got like 5 or 6 books out. Also Seth got a great offer at his job that will mean more money and less stress so that is really exciting. My Aunt Jill also bought us bar-stools for our new place because it has a huge island in the kitchen where we can eat dinner. So even though the month was insane it was a good month and a lot of great things are happening.
Reading: I read 11 books which is pretty good considering how busy I was in June.
- Doreen Valiente Witch by Philip Heselton
- George by Alex Gino
- One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva
- Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
- Hold my Hand by Michael Barakiva
- Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He
- Running with Lions by Julian Winters
- We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia
- I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver
- Hitorijime my Hero Vol 1 by Memeko Arii
Looking Forward: I am excited to go see fireworks with my friends we are all bringing our families and it will be nice to just hang and relax with each other. Also Seth will be making more money which will definitely make life much easier. I have more time this month to read since I am finally settled into my new place. Hopefully I can have a more relaxed month and I would love to read more and also to game which I haven’t done in a while. I also am really excited for August because NEWTS will be happening and I will also be going to Leakycon with my sister.