Month in Review is a feature in which we wrap up what went on each month in terms of our blog, reading and other things in our life. Feel free to leave a link in the comments to your own monthly wrap up post so we can stop by.
on the blog…
Life: It has been turbulent this month… my best friend has had some serious health issues and we’ve even had to call 911 twice when with her. She’s okay but she’s having trouble managing her health. I took a dive in my dieting and exercising and overall self care. I hit a bit of a depression and just wanted me time as much as possible alone with my dogs.
Reading: I read 18 books – pretty good for a busy month!
- The Mechanical Mind of John Coggin by Elinor Teele
- Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2) by Laini Taylor
- The Island of Excess Love(Love in the Time of Global Warming, #2) by Francesca Lia Block
- The Last of the High Kings(New Policeman, #2) by Kate Thompson
- The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1) by S.A. Chakraborty
- Cogheart (The Cogheart Adventures, #1) by Peter Bunzl
- Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire, #1) by Natasha Ngan
- Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
- The Mortal Word (The Invisible Library, #5) by Genevieve Cogman
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- All In (The Naturals, #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- The Losers Club by Andrew Clements
- Bat and the Waiting Game (A Boy Called Bat, #2) by Elana K. Arnold
- Bat and the End of Everything (A Boy Called Bat, #3) by Elana K. Arnold
- Enola Holmes: The Case of the Missing Marquess by Serena Blasco
- Hey, Kiddo by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
- Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1) by Rachel Caine
- Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9) by Kim Harrison
Challenges: Check out my 2019 Challenges
Audiobook Challenge: 6 books read (19/50+)
Reading Assignment Challenge Author Love: 1 book read (1 each month)
Reading Assignment Challenge Professor Genre: 3 books read (3 each month)
Reading Assignment Challenge Professor Mix it Up: 3 books read (3 each month)
Bookish Resolutions (50 books I own): 11 books read (30/50)
Bookish Resolutions (10 ebooks): 0 books read (0/10)
Connect Five Books Challenge: 1 connection ( 10 books read/ 2 connections)
Tackle My TBR Reading Challenge: 11 books read (34/61+)
Looking Forward: I’m on break the first week of April and excited to read and relax. Having a short getaway with the hubby locally in the middle of the week, so looking forward to that. Will be seeing my family for Easter this month and excited to see everyone. I also have a Bookfair at the end of the month, but it’s our BOGO so I’m not going to go all crazy over it. 🙂
Life: This month was crazy busy for me, I was finishing out my last two weeks at my old job and I started my new job so I was working a LOT. I think there was even a point when I worked almost 14 days straight. Also Seth and I met with a realtor and have been going through the pre-approval process to get a house because his younger sister is going to come live with us in July. She has been staying with their great grandmother but that just isn’t working out anymore. So basically this entire month has been insane and I am EXHAUSTED.
Reading: For the reasons listed above I only managed to read 12 books this month which is the lowest I have read in probably two years.
- Fence Vol 2 by C.S. Pacat
- Longway Down by Jason Reynolds
- Never-Contented Things by Sarah Porter
- The World’s Greatest First Love Vol 1 by Shungiku Nakamura
- City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
- Blood Witch by Cate Tiernan
- The World’s Greatest First Love Vol 2 by Shungiku Nakamura
- The World’s Greatest First Love Vol 3 by Shungiku Nakamura
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
- My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life by Rachel Cohn
- The World’s Greatest First Love Vol 4 by Shungiku Nakamura
- The World’s Greatest First Love Vol 5 by Shungiku Nakamura
Looking Forward: So I am looking forward to hopefully being able to do some house hunting this month. Also getting fully settled into my new job and getting back on some kind of a routine which will hopefully help my reading. The O.W.L.S readathon is also happening this month and I know that will definitely help my reading because it is without a doubt my all time favorite readathon. (TBR post soon to come) Also I am really just looking forward to hopefully having the time to just relax, and spend some time doing my other passions like writing and playing video games since they also fell to the wayside in all the work craziness.