Hello and Welcome! Kate and Kristen, The Book Monsters, are currently open to accepting Advanced Reading Copies and Review Copies of books.
Our preferred genres are Young Adult and Middle Grade (dystopian, paranormal, fantasy, science fiction), Graphic Novels / Manga, and Adult novels with Young Adult cross-over appeal. Kate is our Dystopian and Manga fanatic, who is always looking for the next upcoming read. Kristen, on the other hand, is our Middle Grade guru, and loves to read Graphic Novels.
We currently are open to both large and small publishing houses. At this time, we inundated with review requests and will not be accepting self-published books.Unfortunately, due to time constraints, we are not able to accept every review request that comes our way. But we will give your request our full consideration and reply in a timely manner.
At this time, The Book Monsters gives preference to review copies in electronic format, preferably those in .epub format. However, Kristen tends to prefer review titles in print, if available.
If you are a self-published author, indie, or small press author or publisher, we still would love to help you in any way that we can with SPII. The Self Published and Indie Initiative (SPII) is the process of connecting authors and bloggers together. Whether it be for reviews, interviews, guest posts, or whatever creative idea you guys come up with. Kristen and I, here at The Book Monsters, will act as your go to. Connecting authors with bloggers that we think will be a good match. If you are intrerested in learning more about SPII, please visit our SPII page for Authors.
The Book Monsters (TBM) is happy to offer contests to its readers. In order to make contests run smoothly as possible, we have set up some general guidelines:
- TBM assumes all contest entrants are 13 years or older. Please note if you are not at least 13 years old and win a contest, parental consent must be given prior to any prizes being distributed. For privacy’s sake, TBM prefers that all entrants 13 years or younger submit their entries via email.
- All winning contestants will be post on TBM within 48 hours of the contest ending. If necessary, we will email winners, at our earliest convenience, to notify them of their win.
- In the event that more information is needed from TBM winners, we will contact via email to attempt to obtain any needed information. Winner will have 72 hours to reply with requested information. If no response is given, we will make at least one additional attempt to collect information. If again no response if given, a new winner will be chosen.
- Entries will be accepted only during the contest period. Any entries submitted after the set deadline will be disregarded. TBM reserves the right to extend / end the contest prior to the posted end date without notice or reason given.
- Winners will be chosen via a random number generator or a random list generator. Both can found on Random.org.
- Shipment of prizes may vary depending on the prize’s source. TBM will attempt to keep winners informed regarding prizes whenever possible.
Please be aware of the following:
- Contest instructions. All must be followed in order for entries to be counted.
- Contest deadlines.
Your privacy is taken very seriously at The Book Monsters (TBM). Please take a second to review our policy.
Information Collected and its usage:
The Book Monsters, Kate and Kristen, do not store any type of personal information that may be given. However, we cannot guard against others taking your email address or any other information from the comments section of this blog. As a protectory step, we currently host contests using only Rafflecopter. This allows for all information to be stored in a safe location with minimal risk of personal information being leaked.
If you win a contest at TBM, all personal information provided will be used solely for that contest. Information gathered for contest purposes will be immediately deleted once it has been used for prize purposes. All information given to TBM will not be shared or distributed in any way. It will also not be rented, sold, or kept on file.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.